Game of Thrones Tour Belfast plus The Giant’s Causeway
Whilst the hugely popular Game of Thrones TV series, adapted from George Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire novels, is filmed all over Europe, many of the key locations are based in Northern Ireland.
On the Game of Thrones Tour in Belfast you will get the chance to see 7 iconic sites from Series 1 to 4 from your very own Maester. Your local guide, fan of both the books & TV series, the Maester will discuss information from the Game of Thrones series, recall incredible tales of legend and local history that could come right out of the books.
If that’s not enough perhaps some inside gossip on the cast and crew, items from the show, a souvenir of your trip and maybe a few surprises!
And if you do get into trouble, perhaps a quick lesson on how to wield Long Claw will help discourage those that lurk in the shadows!
Departing from central Belfast, you will also get to explore some of the gems of Northern Ireland such as Carrick-a-Rede, Ballintoy Harbour and the Giant’s Causeway. You will be able to walk into the caves where Melisandre of Asshai gave birth to her ‘shadow assassin’ who went on to slay Renly Baratheon. Hear tales of the power struggles, battles and trysts between the noble families of Westeros, and learn gossip about the morally dubious King Joffrey Baratheon.
Travel to the Dark Hedge, with its natural archway of intertwined trees. The road is one of Northern Ireland’s most photographed locations and the place where Arya Stark dressed as a boy to escape from King’s Landing. Pose for pictures, and then continue your journey north.
The next destination is Lordsport, to witness where Theon Greyjoy would return to his family and betray those who raised him. However you will then visit the Camp of Renly Baratheon of Storm’s End and stand at the victory of Brienne over the Knight of Flowers.
A crucial part of any trip to Northern Ireland is to see the UNESCO-listed Giant’s Causeway. Although it hasn’t been featured in Game of Thrones, the spectacular site is a must see where you will have approx 1 ½ hours to explore.
The journey back to Belfast, includes one final stop at Dragonstone featured during the burning of the Seven Idols of Westeros. Your tour then finishes in the early evening back in Belfast where you will be dropped back at your hotel. CUSTOMER REVIEWS
- Learn about the popular HBO series, characters, filming and local history from your Maester guide
- View Castle Black, the new home of Jon Snow, and see the lift to the top of the Wall
- Don’t look away, as Ned Stark beheads a deserter of the Night’s Watch
- See the UNESCO-listed Giant’s Causeway or Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge
- See the caves where Melisandre of Asshai gave birth to a Shadow Assassin
- Enter Storm’s End, the Camp of King Renly Baratheon
- Walk in the very footsteps of Theon Greyjoy, on his return to the Iron Islands
- Follow Arya Stark’s & Gendry’s escape from Kings Landing, led by Yoren and the new recruits of the Night’s Watch
- Get involved and jump into the world of Westeros with props, replicas and items from the show
- Receive your very own souvenir from your trip
- And perhaps some mystery locations and surprises!
Saturday & Sunday at 10am (Jan – Dec)
Tuesday and Thursday at 10am (April – September)
Private Tours available – see bottom of page.
8 ½ hours
Adult: £35 Child: £20 Family (2 adults + 2 Children): £90
Tour & 3* Hotel package: £80pp/night (based on 2 sharing)
City Tours Belfast Office, Victoria Square
Central Belfast Hotel drop off
Driver guide, luxury coach travel
Gratuities (optional). Car / Booster seats for children under 3 years.
Private / Group Tours
1 – 6 persons (People Carrier with driver/guide): £400
7+ persons contact us for a quote