Welcome to the britmovietours.com website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or making a purchase you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
Brit Movie Tours offers a variety of tours, tickets and services through its website (britmovietours.com) and through designated partner websites. Because our Terms and Conditions contain legal obligations, we recommend you to read them carefully.
Unless otherwise stated, purchases made through britmovietours.com or any other Brit Movie Tours affiliated website are subject to these Terms and Conditions; in all booking arrangements, the person making the booking shall be deemed to have accepted these conditions on behalf of the persons named in the booking.
- Accident or Loss
- Amendments and Cancellations
- Force Majeur
- General Conditions
- Gift Vouchers
- Pets or animals
- Pricing – Inclusions & Exclusions
- Refund and compensation policy
- Smoking, Food & Drink On Board Vehicles
- Tour information
Accident or Loss
- We have no liability for loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, or direct or consequential loss, however caused, unless due to our employees negligence, in which case our liability is limited (except for death or personal injury) to a maximum of the refund of the tour cost.
- We do not own or manage the train, ships, vehicles, accommodation and restaurants used and we have no liability for loss or damage caused by the proprietors or operators thereof.
Amendments and Cancellations
- Overnight tours (including hotel bookings) or attraction tickets cannot be amended or cancelled once booked.
- No cancellations are possible once a reservation is made.
- Amendments or rescheduling to half day, full day bus tours and walking tours can only be made prior to the day before a booked tour date (i.e. you must provide at least one day’s notice) and then only at the discretion of Brit Movie Tours. Rescheduling is NOT possible during the day before a booked tour date.
- For reschedule requests outside of the day period prior to a booked tour date, customers are advised to email requests (with their preferred alternative date) in good time before the deadline to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note, that the cut off deadline for requests on any given day is close of business at 5:30pm).
- Amendments or reschedules are not possible at any time after purchase on the following tours: The Aldwych Station Tour or Charing Cross Station Tour, The Dad’s Army Tour, The Coronation Street Tour, The Emmerdale Studio Tour, The Emmerdale Village Set Tour, The Pride and Prejudice Tour and The Skellig Michael Tour.
- Should a customer fail to provide a correct contact email address when making a booking direct online via the website, Brit Movie Tours cannot then be held liable for confirmation details not being received by the customer. In this instance, customers are required to take the most immediate and reasonable course of action to clarify (as far in advance of their tour departure date and time) the details of any booking made. Brit Movie Tours recommends that customers BOTH telephone (UK: 0844 2471 007 US: +44 20 7118 1007) AND email (email@example.com) Brit Movie Tours, providing as much information about their booking as possible.
- If a passenger is unable to make it to a tour or arrives late at the meeting point or joins a tour midway through after it has started, for any reason (e.g. train or traffic delays, illness, waiting by mistake in a different place to the actual meeting point) then no liability can be accepted by Brit Movie Tours and no refund or rescheduling of that tour can be made.
- Mobile communication between our office and guides is not always possible, owing to conditions beyond our control (e.g. line faults, limited signal reception, etc.) – therefore, Brit Movie Tours cannot accept liability for being unable to relay messages to guides on behalf of customers experiencing difficulties or running late for tours, as these situations are beyond our control.
- Guides are unable to make and receive calls once a tour has started.
- Customers are strongly advised to allow sufficient time for travel to their tour meeting point well in advance of the departure time and to build in time for potential transport delays.
- If late for a tour, we are unable to provide customers with catch up directions. Guides reserve the right to change and adapt their itineraries according to variable conditions and/ or road restrictions on the day of a tour.
- Please note that the time for which a tour is scheduled is its departure time – guests are therefore advised to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time for any tour.
- Customer bookings cannot be rescheduled or refunded because of bad weather, where a tour has gone ahead as scheduled – tours go ahead come rain or shine, so we ask guests to dress for all seasons.
- Brit Movie Tours reserves the right to cancel a tour, if minimum numbers have not been reached. In this instance, we would make every effort to accommodate your booking on a suitable, alternative date.
- Under 18 (i.e. 17 years and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on all tours or experiences.
- Children aged 3 or over on a vehicle tour must have a ticket for their own seat on a bus tour and they must use a seat belt, if the vehicle is equipped with one.
- For health and safety reasons, Brit Movie Tours does not provide baby or child car safety seats on all vehicle tours.
- For children under 3 years old, if a parent/ guardian wishes to ensure that their child has a suitable baby/ child car seat, they must provide their own and must ensure that both the child and the seat are safely secured.
- If providing a safety seat, the parent/ guardian must purchase an additional ticket at the child rate, as this will take up an additional place in the vehicle.
- In the event that it is not possible to securely fit the customer’s car seat on the day of the tour, the customer’s child ticket will not be eligible for refund, should the parent choose to sit their child on their lap during the tour.
- Similarly, if the parent decides that their whole party will not participate in the tour because the safety seat was unsuitable, then no refund will be applicable.
- Please see the following link for the UK law regarding vehicles and children over and under the age of 3 years: https://www.gov.uk/child-car-seats-the-rules/when-a-child-can-travel-without-a-car-seat
- On coaches, children can travel without a child car seat or seat belt, if either a car seat or a seat belt are not available.
- On minibuses, all children must travel in rear seats (i.e. any seats behind the driver), if a child car seat or an adult seat belt isn’t fitted.
- On minibuses, children aged 3 or older must use the adult seat belts provided, if child car seats are either not fitted or are unsuitable.
- PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING SAFETY REQUIREMENT: If a parent or guardian chooses to sit with a child under 3 years old on their lap throughout a vehicle tour, the parent or guardian must only secure the vehicle’s seat belt around the adult, NOT around both the adult and the child.
- While Brit Movie Tours makes every effort to provide on-time service, Brit Movie Tours is not liable for acts of God, fire, weather, acts of governments or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, riots, terrorist acts, strikes, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, dangers incident to sea, land and air travel, road conditions, mechanical problems, or other similar incidents beyond its control.
- Brit Movie Tours is not liable for any inconvenience or expense caused as a result of such delay.
- No servant or agent of ours can vary our conditions and any such purported variation shall be of no effect unless it has been signed by one of our Directors.
- All matters concerning your booking shall be subject to English Law.
- Whilst we proof read our website and any promotional literature you receive several times prior to publishing, we cannot be held liable for typographical errors regarding pricing, dates or descriptions of tours.
- All errors and omissions will be remedied as soon as noted.
- All BMT gift vouchers are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or used for the purchase of gift vouchers.
- BMT gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issue.
- BMT gift vouchers can only be extended at the discretion of Brit Movie Tours for a maximum period of 3 months, incurring a set rate administrative charge per person per voucher.
Public scheduled dates for tours will not always coincide with the expiry dates on individual gift vouchers – it is sometimes the case that a tour’s scheduled run will end prior to the expiry date on your voucher. Therefore, upon receipt of a gift voucher (either from BMT or from one of our agents), please check the last scheduled date for your tour within the period of your voucher’s validity.
- We do not offer Travel Insurance but would strongly recommend that you purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy prior to departure.
- On overnight tours an allowance of one suitcase , not exceeding 44lb in weight ,or 30 x 17 x 10 in dimension is permitted together, with a small carry on. Any items left on a vehicle used by Brit Movie Tours are left at the owners risk.
- Brit Movie Tours will take no responsibility for loss or damage to these items.
Pets or animals
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited on any vehicle or walking tours, (except for guide dogs and hearing dogs) without the express permission of Brit Movie Tours.
Photography and Filming
- From time to time a photographer and video professional may join a tour to take photographs and video footage. Any such material remains the property of Brit Movie Tours and can be used for promotional purposes in perpetuity. By agreeing to take part in a tour, you are agreeing to the potential of being in the footage.
- For the Aldwych Station Tour, taking photographs for personal use is permitted. However, filming video footage of any kind is not permitted. For a licence either to film or to take stills for publicity, you would need to contact Transport for London directly, as this is a permission which Brit Movie Tours is not able to provide. Please also note that use of any type of tripod is not permitted on the Aldwych Station Tour.
- Drone filming or the use of drones by customers is not permitted on any tour.
Pricing – Inclusions & Exclusions
- Prices are subject to change, until the booking has been confirmed.
- What is included is stated specifically on each page.
- Prices do not Include (unless stated otherwise) – gratuities to the guide, driver or tour manager, food and beverages and transfers to/from stations.
- Gratuities are at your discretion.
Refund and compensation policy
- In the event that a venue is not visited during a vehicle tour due to unforeseen circumstances, an amount equal to the value of the admission will be refunded at our discretion.
- If the air conditioning or washroom on a vehicle is not operational, then no refund will be made.
- We cannot grant any refunds more than 30 days after completion of the tour.
- All third party products and services, where we act as an official agent, are non-refundable under any circumstances and are also subject to the terms and conditions of the product/service supplier.
Refunds are only permitted for the following reasons:
- Low capacity (if an alternative time cannot be agreed)
- Bad weather that does not permit the tour to run e.g. snow
- Tour is delayed MORE than four hours
- The tour is partially completed (only 50% in these circumstances)
- We can only refund the full face value of the ticket and are not liable for any additional expense incurred e.g. transport, accommodation, food etc in the event of a tour not running.
- Reservations are required. Please book as soon as possible.
Smoking, Food & Drink On Board Vehicles
- Smoking is not permitted on board any vehicle tour, but all vehicle tours make frequent stops.
- In the interest of safety we ask that no hot food or hot drinks are carried on board any vehicle.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden on any of our tour vehicles.
- Please note that seating on vehicle tours is on a first come first served basis.
- We may, at our discretion, require any person to withdraw from any tour, if we deem their acts or conduct offensive, or a nuisance to other passengers, and we shall have no further liability.
- We also reserve the right to alter at any time any price, place visited, itinerary or hotel owing to unforeseen circumstances. Every endeavour will be made to advise passengers in advance of any alterations that are deemed necessary.
- In the event of any passenger not being carried for any cause whatsoever, no liability will be accepted by the operators beyond the refund of the fares.
- Brit Movie Tours operates under the Tour Operators’ Margin Scheme.
If you have comments about your tour, you should make them to the company: Brit Movie Tours Ltd, Golden Cross House, 8 Duncannon Street, London WC2N 4JF