Welcome to the britmovietours.com website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or making a purchase you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
Brit Movie Tours offers a variety of tours, tickets and services through its website (britmovietours.com) and through designated partner websites. Because our Terms and Conditions contain legal obligations, we recommend you to read them carefully.
Unless otherwise stated, purchases made through britmovietours.com or any other Brit Movie Tours affiliated website are subject to these Terms and Conditions; in all booking arrangements, the person making the booking shall be deemed to have accepted these conditions on behalf of the persons named in the booking.
- Accident or Loss
- Amendments and Cancellations
- Force Majeur
- General Conditions
- Gift Vouchers
- Pets or animals
- Pricing – Inclusions & Exclusions
- Refund and compensation policy
- Smoking, Food & Drink On Board Vehicles
- Tour information
Accident or Loss
- We have no liability for loss, damage, delay, inconvenience, or direct or consequential loss, however caused, unless due to our employees negligence, in which case our liability is limited (except for death or personal injury) to a maximum of the refund of the tour cost.
- We do not own or manage the train, ships, vehicles, accommodation and restaurants used and we have no liability for loss or damage caused by the proprietors or operators thereof.
Amendments and Cancellations
- Overnight tours, attraction tickets cannot be amended or cancelled once booked.
- Amendments to half day, full day bus tours and walking tours can only be made up to 14 days prior to the tour and at the discretion of Brit Movie Tours.
- No cancellations are possible once a reservation is made.
- Under 18 (17 years and younger) must be accompanied by an adult (18 years and over).
- For health and safety reasons Brit Movie Tours does not provide car seats. On all vehicle tours please note that by law it is a parent/guardians’ responsibility to provide a suitable baby seat / booster seat to ensure that all children under 3 years are securely fastened.
- While Brit Movie Tours makes every effort to provide on-time service, Brit Movie Tours is not liable for acts of God, fire, weather, acts of governments or other authorities, wars, civil disturbances, riots, terrorist acts, strikes, thefts, pilferage, epidemics, quarantines, dangers incident to sea, land and air travel, road conditions, mechanical problems, or other similar incidents beyond its control.
- Brit Movie Tours is not liable for any inconvenience or expense caused as a result of such delay.
- No servant or agent of ours can vary our conditions and any such purported variation shall be of no effect unless it has been signed by one of our Directors.
- All matters concerning your booking shall be subject to English Law.
- Whilst we proof read our web site and any promotional literature you receive several times prior to publishing, we cannot be held liable for typographical errors regarding pricing, dates or descriptions of tours.
- All errors and omissions will be remedied as soon as noted.
- All gift vouchers are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or used for the purchase of gift vouchers. Gift vouchers are valid for 9 months from date of issue.
- We do not offer Travel Insurance but would strongly recommend that you purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy prior to departure.
- On overnight tours an allowance of one suitcase , not exceeding 44lb in weight ,or 30 x 17 x 10 in dimension is permitted together, with a small carry on. Any items left on a vehicle used by Brit Movie Tours is left at the owners risk.
- Brit Movie Tours will take no responsibility for loss or damage to these items.
Pets or animals
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited on any vehicles, (except for guide dogs and hearing dogs) without the express permission of Brit Movie Tours.
- From time to time a photographer and video professional may join a tour to take photographs and video footage. Any such material remains the property of Brit Movie Tours and can be used for promotional purposes in perpetuity. By agreeing to take part in a tour you are agreeing to the potential of being in the footage.
Pricing – Inclusions & Exclusions
- Prices are subject to change, until the booking has been confirmed.
- What is included is stated specifically on each page.
- Prices do not Include (unless stated otherwise) – gratuities to the guide, driver or tour manager, food and beverages and transfers to/from stations.
- Gratuities are at your discretion.
Refund and compensation policy
- In the event that a venue is not visited during a vehicle tour due to unforeseen circumstances, an amount equal to the value of the admission will be refunded at our discretion.
- If the air conditioning or washroom on a vehicle is not operational, then no refund will be made.
- We cannot grant any refunds more than 30 days after completion of the tour.
- All third party products and services, where we act as an official agent, are non-refundable under any circumstances and are also subject to the terms and conditions of the product/service supplier.
Refunds are only permitted for the following reasons:
- Low capacity (if an alternative time can not be agreed)
- Bad weather that does not permit the tour to run e.g. snow
- Tour is delayed MORE than four hours
- The tour is partially completed (only 50% in these circumstances)
- We can only refund the full face value of the ticket and are not liable for any additional expense incurred e.g. transport, accommodation, food etc in the event of a tour not running.
- Reservations are required. Please book as soon as possible.
Smoking, Food & Drink On Board Vehicles
- Smoking is not permitted on board any vehicle tour, but all vehicle tours make frequent stops.
- In the interest of safety we ask that no hot food or hot drinks are carried on board any vehicle.
- Please note that seats are on first come first served basis.
- We may, at our discretion, require any person to withdraw from any tour, if we deem their acts or conduct offensive, or a nuisance to other passengers, and we shall have no further liability.
- We also reserve the right to alter at any time any price, place visited, itinerary or hotel owing to unforeseen circumstances. Every endeavour will be made to advise passengers in advance of any alterations that are deemed necessary.
- In the event of any passenger not being carried for any cause whatsoever, no liability will be accepted by the operators beyond the refund of the fares.
- Should a passenger fail to arrive or arrive late at the starting point or during the tour (for any reason e.g delayed train, illness, traffic jams) then no liability can be accepted and no rescheduling of that tour can be made.
- Brit Movie Tours operates under the Tour Operators’ Margin Scheme.
If you have comments about your tour, you should make them to the company. Brit Movie Tours, Suite 1376, Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX