By Bay car
Train to Cardiff Bay station
FROM THE M4 EASTBOUND
1. Leave the M4 at Junction 33
2. At the roundabout, take the exit onto the A4232 (Grangetown Link Road), signposted Cardiff Bay / Penarth / Barry
3. Follow the A4232 (Grangetown Link Road) for 10 miles, passing the exit to Penarth and the exit to Techniquest and continuing through the Queen’s Gate (Butetown) Tunnel, towards City Centre / Docks / Inner Harbour.
4. Turn right at the roundabout, 2nd exit, towards Docks / Cardiff Bay / Capital Waterside and follow the road to the traffic lights (Pierhead Street, apartment blocks and water ahead, 1 Caspian Point to your right).
5. At the traffic lights at 1 Caspian Point turn right onto Pierhead Street.
6. Get into the right hand filter lane and turn right at the traffic lights onto Caspian Way.
7. At the mini roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the Waterside Car Park entrance approach.
FROM THE M4 WESTBOUND
1. Leave the M4 at Junction 29 and exit onto the A48 towards Cardiff.
2. After 5 miles, exit onto the A4161 (Eastern Avenue).
3. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and continue to follow the A4161 (Newport Road), signposted City Centre.
4. At the mini roundabout, take the 2nd exit and continue to follow the A4161 (Newport Road).
5. Follow the A4161 for a further 2 miles until you reach Hallinans House on your left. Turn left onto Fitzalan Place.
6. Continue on through the next set of traffic lights and then bear right, passing the fire station.
7. Turn left at the traffic lights onto the A4234 (Central Link Road).
8. Keep in the left lane over the flyover until reaching the roundabout. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit, towards Docks / Cardiff Bay / Capital Waterside and follow the road to the traffic lights (Pierhead Street, apartment blocks and water ahead, 1 Caspian Point to your right).
9. At the traffic lights at 1 Caspian Point turn right onto Pierhead Street.
10. Get into the right hand filter lane and turn right at the traffic lights onto Caspian Way.
11. At the mini roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the Waterside Car Park entrance approach.
Baycar (Number 6) connects Cardiff City to Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Bay to Cardiff City.
Monday – Friday: (Day) Every 10 minutes (Evening) Every 20 minutes
Saturday: (Day) Every 15 minutes (Evening) Every 20 minutes
Sunday: (Day) Every 15 minutes (Evening) Every 20 minutes
National Express coaches run frequently to Cardiff Central Station, find out more. From Cardiff Central Station you can catch the Baycar to Cardiff Bay.
For driving directions to Cardiff Bay, click here
Car Park Address:
Pierhead Street Multi Storey Car Park
The Big Sleep Hotel
Bute Terrace, Glamorgan, CF10 2FE
In Cardiff’s historic city centre, this designer budget hotel is opposite the Motorpoint Arena. Condé Nast Traveller voted it 1 of the 25 coolest hotels in the world. Each room at The Big Sleep Hotel is designed in a striking retro style, and features panoramic views of the city. Guests can make use of a flat-screen TV, tea and coffee facilities, and Wi-Fi. MORE INFO
Cardiff Marriott Hotel
Mill Lane, CF10 1EZ Cardiff
This 4-star luxury hotel is in the city centre, 300 metres from Cardiff Central Rail Station. It has air-conditioned rooms, an award-winning restaurant and a fitness club with indoor pool. The Cardiff Marriott Hotel was refurbished in 2008 and is close to Cardiff’s shops, cafes and major businesses. Cardiff Castle and the Millennium Stadium are both less than 700 metres away.
Park Plaza Cardiff
Greyfriars Rd, CF10 3AL
Located in the city centre, just 5 minutes’ walk from Cardiff Castle, this luxury 4-star hotel offers stylish rooms with free Wi-Fi. There is a 20-metre indoor pool and a gym. Rooms have chic design and are each well-equipped with a TV with pay movies, a minibar and tea/coffee facilities and a private bathroom. MORE INFO
The St David’s Hotel & Spa
Havannah Street, Cardiff Bay, CF10 5SD
Set in an iconic building, with stunning views across Cardiff Bay, the 5-star St David’s Hotel features a luxury spa, stylish bedrooms and an innovative restaurant. Mermaid Quay is a 5-minute walk away. John Barrowman had his civil ceremony in this hotel so it has a nice Whovian link to it. MORE INFO
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
**SPECIAL TOUR PACKAGE AVAILABLE:**
Cardiff Airport, Port Road, Rhoose CF62 3BT
All 109 en suite rooms are quadruple- glazed with power showers, LCD TVs with a choice of Bristol Channel or runway views. All rooms include complimentary parking, breakfast and shuttle service to the airport and city centre. The hotel is ideally located only 10 minutes from the city centre. TOUR PACKAGE: Double/Twin Room for 1 night including breakfast plus 2 tickets for the Doctor Who Cardiff Tour. Only £90. SAVE UP TO £55. Subject to availability. Call 0844 2471 007 to book.
For more accommodation options in Cardiff click here