Lake District Tour of Beatrix Potter Locations
Quite simply a magical day which my husband and I will remember for many years to come
Maureen Sullivan, Iowa
Treat yourself to a breath-taking day tour of Beatrix Potter sites and beautiful Lake District scenery.
You will experience a panoramic tour of Beatrix Potter Country taking in inspirations and film locations from the 2006 movie Miss Potter as well as spectacular scenery.
As an area of outstanding natural beauty, the Lake District appeals to the romantic in everyone. Its rolling green hills and shimmering lakes famously inspired William Wordsworth and, of course, Beatrix Potter.
During the trip you’ll have plenty of chances to get off the bus and walk around the locations we visit.
Please note that as there will be walking involved in the tour it may not be suitable for those with mobility problems. At the end of the tour you can be taken to your accommodation in Windermere or Bowness or taken to the local railway station. For bookings less than 48 hours prior to the tour please call us for availability.
Accommodation and travel arrangements to the Lake District
If you need assistance with accommodation and travel arrangements to the Lake District please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
- Visit to Hill Top, the picturesque childhood home of Beatrix Potter
- Enjoy a relaxing lake cruise on Coniston Water
- Visit Hawkshead, a medieval village criss-crossed by quaint alleys
- Visit Yew Tree Farm, film location for Miss Potter
- Photo opportunity at Esthwaite Water, where Beatrix Potter penned her famous children's stories
- Cream Tea at Lindeth Howe - the classic Lakeland country house that was once the home of Beatrix Potter and her family.
- Great panoramic views over Tarn Hows and Yew Tree Valley, Lake Windermere and Oxenholme
Monday to Thursdays (1 Apr 2012 to 31 Oct 2013)
For tours in the low season please contact us
Adult: £58 Child (5-16): £42
Tour + 4* AA rated Guest House (including breakfast)
Adult: £145 (single person)
Adult: £125 per person based on 2 people sharing
Please contact us if you wish to arrange guest house accommodation as well as travel to/from the Lake District.
Windermere Tourist Info Centre (next to Windermere Railway station) at 12 noon
Lake cruise, Visit to Hawkshead Village, entry to Hill Top Farm, Cream Tea, Hotel transfers (if staying in Windermere or Bowness)