Downton Abbey VIP Private Tours
The tour was rated ”Excellent” by myself and mum. I would like to thank Tim, the tour guide, who was quite simply superb
If you are looking for a more private and personal VIP Downton Abbey Tour experience look no further.
Your tour includes a central London hotel pick up and drop off, your own driver plus a knowledgeable Downton Abbey expert so you have complete attention throughout the tour.
Tours A and C include the charming Oxfordshire village used as the location for Downton village where you will be able to see the exteriors of Matthew Crawleys home, the hospital entrance, Grantham Arms, the village green, St Michaels Church and other locations. CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Tour A – Downton Village + Downton Abbey
Experience the main setting for Downton Abbey at Highclere Castle. Wander around the ‘Above Stairs’ rooms of the property used as Downton Abbey including the drawing room, main hall and library where many of the dramatic scenes involving the Crawley family are filmed.
Tour B – Downton Abbey London Locations
The making of Downton Abbey takes place in and around London and the surrounding counties, despite the show being set in Yorkshire. Without leaving the capital you can see locations used for scenes set in Ripon, York, Manchester and Liverpool. On this 3 hour tour you will see some of London’s famous landmarks including the National Gallery and St. James’s Park. Some of the tours additional highlights include the exterior of Grantham House where we meet Uncle Harold for the first time, the Liverpool hotel where Lady Mary and Lord Gillingham have their secret liaison, and the restaurant where Edith goes for dinner with Gregson and much more.
Tour C – Downton Village + Rural Film Locations + 2 Optional Downton Locations
After a tour of Downton village see other rural locations featured in the show including where Sybil and Branson eloped, Matthew and Edith’s church and Bates’s pub. Then customise your tour and choose 2 from the following 5 locations:
- Haxby Park – Get a guided tour of the interior of the prospective home of Lady Mary and Richard Carlisle from Series 2. Also includes Tea and Cake. (All year round by arrangement)
- Downton Place – See the delightful 16th century mansion with attractive gardens where the Crawleys enjoyed a family picnic in Series 3. (All year round)
- Grantham House – Take a tour and tea at the 18th century Georgian house used as the location for the interior of Grantham House, the Crawleys’ London town house that was featured in the end of Season 4 Special. (All year round)
- Yew Tree Farm – Visit the historic 10th century farmstead that was featured in Series 4 and 5 as Yew Tree Farm, home to Mr Drewe. Also includes Tea and Scone. (Mar-Nov)
- Dower House - Enjoy a tea at the home of the Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) with the owner of the property. Also includes Tea and Cake. Minimum 8 persons and supplement (Weekdays by arrangement)
Tour A – All advance tickets to Highclere Castle sold out for 2014. Anticipated dates for Highclere Castle opening in 2015 are as follows:
Sunday 29 March – Thursday 2 April 2015 SOLD OUT
Saturday 4 April – Saturday 11 April 2015 SOLD OUT
Sunday 3, Monday 4, Tuesday 5 May 2015 SOLD OUT
Sunday 24, Monday 25, Tuesday 26 May 2015 SOLD OUT
Sunday 12 July – Thursday 10 September 2015 (Closed Fridays and Saturdays).
Tour B & C – Available by arrangement.
Tour A & C – 10 hours
Tour B – 3 hours
1 – 5 persons (People Carrier)
Tour A: 1 person = £590, 2 persons = £610, 3 persons = £650, 4 persons = £690, 5 persons = £730
Tour B: 1 person = £350, 2 persons = £350, 3 persons = £350, 4 persons = £350, 5 persons = £350
Tour C: 1 person = £630, 2 persons = £680, 3 persons = £730, 4 persons = £780, 5 persons = £830
6 + persons contact us for a quote
By arrangement. Central London pick up (Zone 1) and drop offs available. Pick ups from outside central London are subject to a supplement.
Professional guide, services of a driver and vehicle plus all entry fees where applicable.
Gratuities (optional), food and drink