Downton Abbey VIP Private Tours
The tour was rated ”Excellent” by myself and mum. I would like to thank Tim, the tour guide, who was quite simply superb
If you are looking for a more private and personal VIP Downton Abbey Tour experience look no further.
Your luxury day includes a central London hotel pick up and drop off.
You will have your own driver plus a knowledgeable Downton Abbey expert so you have complete attention for the day.
All tours include the charming Oxfordshire village used as the location for Downton village where you will be able to see the home of Matthew Crawley, the church, hospital, Grantham Arms, and village green. CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Tour A – Downton Village + Downton Abbey
Experience the main setting for Downton Abbey at Highclere Castle. Wander around the ‘Above Stairs’ rooms of the property used as Downton Abbey including the drawing room, main hall and library where many of the dramatic scenes involving the Crawley family are featured. For 2014 no more tours including Highclere Castle are available.
Tour B – Downton Village + Rural Film Locations + 2 Optional Downton Locations
After a tour of Downton village see other rural locations featured in the show including where Sybil and Branson eloped, Matthew and Edith’s church and Bates’s pub. Then customise your tour and choose 2 from the following 5 locations:
- Haxby Park – Get a guided tour of the interior of the prospective home of Lady Mary and Richard Carlisle from Series 2. Also includes Tea and Cake. (All year round by arrangement)
- Downton Place – See the delightful 16th century mansion with attractive gardens where the Crawleys enjoyed a family picnic in Series 3. (All year round)
- Grantham House – Take a tour and tea at the 18th century Georgian house used as the location for the interior of Grantham House, the Crawleys’ London town house that was featured in the end of Season 4 Special. (All year round)
- Yew Tree Farm – Visit the historic 10th century farmstead that was featured in Series 4 and 5 as Yew Tree Farm, home to Mr Drewe. Also includes Tea and Scone. (Mar-Nov)
- Dower House - Enjoy a tea at the home of the Dowager Countess (Maggie Smith) with the owner of the property. Also includes Tea and Cake. Supplement of £30pp (Weekdays by arrangement)
Tour A – All advance tickets to Highclere Castle sold out for 2014. Anticipated dates for Highclere Castle opening in 2015 are as follows:
Sunday 29 March – Thursday 2 April 2015
Saturday 4 April – Saturday 11 April 2015
Sunday 3, Monday 4, Tuesday 5 May 2015
Sunday 24, Monday 25, Tuesday 26 May 2015
Sunday 12 July – 27 July 2015 (Closed Fridays and Saturdays).
Wednesday 5 August – Wednesday 16 September 2015 (Closed Fridays and Saturdays).
Tour B – Available by arrangement.
1 – 5 persons (People Carrier)
Tour A: 1 person = £590, 2 persons = £610, 3 persons = £650, 4 persons = £690, 5 persons = £730
Tour B: 1 person = £610, 2 persons = £660, 3 persons = £710, 4 persons = £760, 5 persons = £810
6 + persons contact us for a quote
By arrangement. Central London hotel pick up and drop offs available. Pick ups from outside central London are subject to a supplement.
Professional guide, services of a driver and travel in a luxury vehicle plus all entry fees where applicable.
Gratuities (optional), food and drink