Downton Abbey Tour – VIP Private Groups
The tour was rated ”Excellent” by myself and mum. I would like to thank Tim, the tour guide, who was quite simply superb
If you are looking for a more private and personal VIP Downton Abbey Tour experience look no further.
On these tours you can be picked up and dropped off at a central London hotel (or elsewhere at an additional cost). You will have your own driver plus a knowledgeable Downton Abbey expert. Choose from four versions of the tour but please note that due to such high demand tours to Highclere Castle in 2013 are now only available from mid-August to mid September. No other dates are available.
Tour A - Downton Abbey and Village Tour
The same format as the public Downton Abbey Tour but with your very own guide plus driver so you have complete attention.
The tour will consist of a trip to the charming Oxfordshire village used as the location for Downton village and then the afternoon will be spent at Highclere Castle to experience the main setting for Downton Abbey itself. ALL TOURS SOLD OUT FOR 2013.
Tour B - Downton Abbey and Village with Tea at Dower House
The same as Tour A but you can finish off the day with cream tea at the location used as the home of the Dowager Countess with a short guided tour of the house which was designed by Sir Christopher Wren. ALL TOURS SOLD OUT FOR 2013.
Tour C - Downton Abbey and Village plus Downton Place
The same as Tour A but you will get to experience the delightful 16th century mansion and gardens used as Downton Place in Series 3.
ALL TOURS SOLD OUT FOR 2013.
Tour D - Downton Country Film Locations Tour
The tour will consist of a trip to the charming Oxfordshire village used as the location for Downton village as well as other villages used in various scenes, a trip to Downton Place (Mar-October only. For tours in November – December this location will be replaced by Haxby Park) and tea at the home of the Dowager Countess. This tour does not include Highclere Castle due to limited opening times. Available from March – October.
- Visit the Oxfordshire village used as Downton village and see the home of Matthew Crawley and where the church, village fair and hospital scenes were made
- Wander around the ‘Above Stairs’ rooms of the property used as Downton Abbey including the drawing room, main hall and library where many of the dramatic scenes involving the Crawley family were filmed
- Enjoy a stroll around the picturesque grounds of Downton Abbey and get beautiful views of the nineteenth century house
- See inside the bedroom where the rather handsome Turkish diplomat Mr Pamuk suffers a premature and suspicious demise
- Take cream tea at the home of the Dowager Countess (Tour Option B and D only)
- Stroll through the delightful gardens of Downton Place where the Crawleys enjoyed a family picnic in Series 3 (Tour Option C and D)
Tour A - SOLD OUT FOR 2013
Tour B - SOLD OUT FOR 2013
Tour C - SOLD OUT FOR 2013
Tour D - Friday 1 Mar – Thursday 31 Oct (except, Mondays, Tuesdays & Good Friday)
Sunday 1 – Monday 23 December (weekends only)
Tour A: £540 - £690 per car for 1-5 persons
Tour B: £650 - £850 per car for 1-5 persons
Tour C: £600 - £780 per car for 1-5 persons
Tour D: £620 - £820 per car for 1-5 persons
6 - 15 persons contact us for a quote.
For private tours the maximum we can take is up to 15 persons due to parking restrictions at Highclere Castle.
By arrangement. Central London hotel pick up and drop offs available. Pick ups from outside central London are subject to a supplement.
Professional guide, services of a driver and travel in a luxury people carrier plus
Tour A - entry fees to Highclere Castle, Gardens and Grounds
Tour B and C - entry fees to Highclere Castle, Gardens and Grounds and (Cream Tea (tea, scone and clotted cream) at the home of the Dowager Countess for Tour B) and (entry fees to Downton Place for Tour C)
Tour D - entry fees to Downton Place, (Cream Tea (tea, scone and clotted cream))
Gratuities (optional), food and drink, entry to the Egyptian exhibition