Jack The Ripper Tour
A huge thankyou for the amazing Jack the Ripper Tour we had on Saturday 5th March with Kevin.
On this 2 hour Jack the Ripper Touryou will get to explore how an Autumn of Terror in 1888 can still send a shiver down your spine to this very day.
The discovery of a body on 31 August 1888 in London’s East End set in motion one of the most famous man-hunts in criminal history. For over 120 years Ripperologists and amateur sleuths have been trying and failing to discover the identity of the man known as Jack the Ripper!
Throughout the Jack the Ripper Touryou will explore the historical background of the Whitechapel murders and their passing into a genre almost in their own right. We will examine how public perception of these gruesome but gripping murders has been shaped and compare that to the reality of 1888.
As with all our walking tours we limit the size of the group for the Jack the Ripper Tour to 25 people to ensure you have a positive experience and can see and hear the guide easily. Customer Reviews. This tour is also available in French.
- Walk the same streets as the Ripper’s victims and explore the dark passages and alleys that they would still recognise today
- Visit the actual murder sites of the victims as well as others who were also thought to be murdered at the hands of the the Ripper
- Learn about the clue and non clue of Goulston Street
- See and hear documentary evidence of the murders with the aid of still photos and letters
- Be shocked and terrified at the crimes of Jack the Ripper
- Enjoy the tour in an intimate group size limited to 25 persons max - unlike many Ripper Tours which have groups in excess of 50 people
1st and 3rd Saturday of each month at 6.30pm (Feb – Dec 2014)
Also see Tour Dates
Private Tours available – see bottom of page.
Adult (16 years+): £12 Child (Under 16): £10
Mitre Square (however your guide can escort you back to Liverpool St station at the end of the tour)
Private / Group Tours
1 – 20 persons: £150
21+ persons contact us for a quote